Delivering new digital technology solutions is hard. That is why gravity9 was born. We help organisations deliver transformative digital solutions by combining our deep understanding of new and emerging technologies with experience delivering complex enterprise solutions for some of the world’s largest companies. We were born in 2018 and are just getting started.
You will be joining the Experience Design team focusing on UX workflow delivery within a transformation program.
At gravity9, we have a different approach. With deep experience and personality, our team of designers and engineers unite art and science.
We know you don't need large teams to achieve great things, but instead, a small collective of highly skilled individuals with deep insight and proven methodologies gets the job done.
We employ senior people, with deep knowledge, experience and a passion for crafting leading-edge digital products.
Role: Design Lead looking to progress their career to UX design manager
This role is ideally suited to experienced UX Design Leads that have found their responsibilities growing and want to make the transition to a UX Design Manager role.
About this DELIVERY FOCUSED ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious US based transformation program with multiple UX workstreams from e-com to service design. The role may offer occasional travel opportunities and require a limited number of monthly client sessions.
As a Design Workflow Manager, you will bridge between the UX design team and UX director. You will report an overview of Direct Front Line (DFL) workflow activity to UX Director who provides strategic vision and tactical level direction.
● Have UX workflow management responsibilities for team members. Managing joining the dots between workstreams and the detail of day-to-day UX tasks
-Improve UX processes
-Collaborate with sprint and roadmap planning
-Sync workstreams within the client account
● Build strong relationships with Engineering
● Daily UX hands on expertise
-End-to-end detailed design deliverables as a series of storyboards, wireframes, and interactive prototypes.
-Develop UI layouts and graphical elements with an eye towards experience unification
● Participate in Design System execution
● Use research to inform and defend design decisions
● Tactical role. Rolling up your sleeves and being actively involved with design deliverables.
● Manage DFL project/ticket delivery.
● Critiquing design DFL delivery handover between UX and engineers, providing actionable feedback to ensure design quality.
● Collaborating cross-functionally with product management and engineering to ensure a smooth product development process.
● Fostering frequent communication about design status to the UX director.
● Contributing to evolve ways of working.
● Experience shepherding designs throughout an agile development process.
● Strong cross-functional collaboration skills - you are comfortable interacting with a variety of partners across product management, engineering and design.
● Solid understanding of design systems for various platforms and device types.
● Experience designing mobile-first and web-based solutions.
● Build trust with and support your team output.
● Nurture morale and great team culture.
● Positive, can-do attitude.
● Collaboration is your middle name.
● Effective communicator and you are not afraid to have difficult and uncomfortable conversations to help our team.
● Inventive when it comes to processes and also use what's out there.
● Cut through delivery uncertainty and provide clarity in ambiguous scrum situations.
● Design system and component delivery focused role: DSM, Sketch, Invsion, Storybook, Miro etc.
● 5+ years professional experience as a UX lead, with at least 2 years managing UX design workflow. Portfolio of relevant design work.
● BA/BS or Master's degree in a user-centred Design related field preferred.
● Ireland, United Kingdom, Birmingham. Remote working options.
● USA client.
● Delivery focus - strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to evaluate, design and implement effective solutions. Flexibility to adapt skills to a spectrum of client engagements, use cases and modes of change delivery.
● Exemplary standards of personal integrity and respect for others – a professional approach to all aspects of client engagement and collaborative team working, able to quickly build relationships based on trust and transparency. Strong presentation and written and verbal communication are essential given the client-facing nature of the role.
● Value-driven - creative thinking, with an aptitude for innovation and a strong desire to exceed client expectations.
● Energy – positive attitude and determination to learn and succeed.
Everyone is really positive and helpful and there is a genuinely great team spirit. We all work hard to produce high-level work that benefits our clients and in turn helps others. There are always new projects coming in which enables me to develop my skills and to do good work that will benefit a wide range of people – it’s a great feeling. - Scott Haydon, UX/UI Designer
● Portfolio verification
● A screen call with our recruitment team - 45-60min
● Tech 1 - 1h
● Tech 2 - 1h
● The final meeting – 30min
We understand that traditional ways of working are not for everyone, so we offer flexible arrangements that include options for how you work. For more information about working at gravity9 please go to www.gravity9.com.